Check out our upcoming webinar scheduleView Schedule
Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) is a new start-up passenger rail service in Marin and Sonoma County California, north of San Francisco. The initial operating segment is 43 miles with 10 stations. The full project will provide 70 miles of passenger rail service. SMART chose MAXIMO as its maintenance management information system and made the decision to go with a cloud based approach from the onset. This decision was made for a few reasons.
1. Accessibility: SMART has 4 main offices as well as many other locations spread out over its 43 mile right of way. Having a MAXIMO system in the cloud allows MAXIMO to be accessed from any internet connected device, regardless of where on the railroad the worker is
2. Reliability: Keeping MAXIMO in the cloud guarantees at least a 99.99% uptime. This is critical as SMART operates on a 24/7/365 schedule. Any downtime of MAXIMO at any time would negatively affect our operation. The reliability and redundancy of the cloud virtually eliminates the possibility of this happening.
3. Cost: A MAXIMO cloud installation allows our cost to scale with our organization. We are only paying for the users that we need.
4. No Maintenance: A cloud installation for MAXIMO eliminates the onsite hardware requirement of a server, UPS, and other associated IT equipment. SMART has two IT staff for the whole railroad. The decision to go in the cloud over an onsite installation reduces the burden on this staff.
Maximo in the cloud was the obvious choice for SMART based on reasons illustrated above. We have, over the past year and a half experienced zero unscheduled downtime, and required no technical work from our IT staff to manage the system in any way.
About the Presenter:
Bryan Crowley is a Railroad Information Systems Specialist with Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART). Bryan has 11 years of experience working in rail transportation with a focus on Information Technology. Bryan has been managing SMART’s MAXIMO system since it was implemented in late 2016.
SRO’s Data Replication Solution ensures data is replicated quickly and with minimal interference to your organization’s operations. This tool can now be leveraged in Projetech's ISO 27001 secure cloud.
SDR enables disconnected remote sites such as regional offices, ships, offshore assets, laptops and mobile workers full access to up-to-date information through dependable session-based replication. Our replication solution is a unique, proven, application agnostic, highly configurable data synchronization tool. The SDR has a longstanding client base with proven global use cases.
This webinar will cover a quick demo of the SDR tool, how it works, and how it can be deployed into the Projetech cloud.
In this webinar, our Maximo Specialist/Project Coordinator, Tori Foley, will dive in to all things related to Calendar Preventive Maintenance Setup Reminders in Maximo:
We will be answering all of your questions at the end of the webinar, so please be sure to stick around and get involved!
In a world where mobile applications are essential, EAM360's mobile app for IBM Maximo is one of the best out there. See if this is the right app for you and your organization by registering for our upcoming webinar on January 17th, 2018 at 2:00 PM ET. The webinar will be delivered by our Projetech Authorized Reseller, EAM360. Learn how the EAM360 mobile app can be used for PM Checks and Route based Inspection
Presenter Profile | Arul from EAM360
- Arul has 20+ years of experience in Asset Management which includes hands-on industry experience in Plant maintenance and IT experience in EAM Consulting & Product development for Aviation, Oil & Gas and Utilities Industries.
- He has rich experience in implementation of EAM solutions using IBM Maximo for 10+ clients across the globe.
- Previously worked for IBM as a Managing Consultant before joining the EAM360 team.
In this webinar, our Client Advisor/Project Manager, Chris Winston, will dive in to all things related to Purchasing for Work Orders in Maximo:
- Procurement to be reviewed when sourced from the Work Order, Inventory Reorder, and directly on the Purchase Order
In this webinar, our Maximo Admin/Project Manager, Chris Winston, will dive in to all things related to start centers & their portlets in Maximo:
Introduce default application with default query in lieu of SC
Report Object Structure and its impact on
- Start Center Result Sets
- Query Based Reporting
Substitution variables impact on QBR and Queries
QBR with embedded query – when/why
In this webinar, our Maximo Specialist, Tori Foley, will dive in to all things related to Query Based Reporting in Maximo:
What it is and why, including standard and everyplace, as well start center result set.
In this webinar, our Maximo Specialist, Tori Foley, will dive in to all things related to Inventory Reorder Calculations & Planning in Maximo:
Inventory Reporting Planning, Calculations and Processing will be reviewed, including alterations made along the way.
In this webinar, our Maximo Admin/Project Manager, Chris Winston, will dive in to all things related to simplifying Maximo for the end user:
- Steps to simplify Maximo
- Guidelines (instances, backups, and updates)
- Specific Examples
In this webinar, our Client Advisor/Project Manager, Chris Winston, will dive in to all things related to Quick Reporting in Maximo:
- Base differences from Work Order Tracking- why it is quick
- Coordination with Start Center – Linking it into your daily
- Common / Uncommon but useful alterations – tailoring to your