March 29, 2019
Jacquie Chischillie, Technical Sales Engineer, Projetech
Maximo 7.6 offers many tools to enhance the user’s experience. One such tool is Hover Dialogs.
Do you frequently rely on the Hover Dialogs in Maximo to view information about Assets, Locations, or other objects? Did you know you can add Hover Dialogs to other applications where they are useful to your team? By default, Hover Dialogs are included for Asset, Item, Person, and Work Order records.
Here are five easy steps to adding Hover Dialogs to more screens.
1. Go to the System Configuration / PlatformConfiguration / Application Designer
2. Selectthe application in which the field you wish to add the Hover Dialogs is located. In this case we are selecting Work Order Tracking
3. Next, select the tabfor the screen that you want the HD to appear. In this case we are selecting the Work Order tab.
4. Now that you have selected the application andthe screen, it is time to select the field for which you want to add the Hover Dialogs. Right Click on the field of choice and select properties. In this case, we want to add the Hover Dialogs to the Site field in our Work Orders.
5. Click on the Advanced tab. Add the ID for your Hover Dialogs
Now, when you open the Work Order Tracking application and look at the Work Order Tab, you will have a Hover Dialogs available for the Location field.
An Apex of Support & Performance Improvement for IBM's Maximo Delivered by Industry Experts
Managing your Maximo should include ongoing, on-demand expert and easily accessible Help Desk support, monitoring for performance improvement opportunities, license right-sizing, and access to Maximo industry solution providers. If you are lacking in any or all these areas, Maximo Plus+ may be just what you’ve been searching for. Offered via a simple subscription-based model, Maximo Plus+ provides clients with one of the best Maximo support options available!Continue Reading
Maximo Automation Scripting | Introduction into Automation Scripting
Maximo is a highly configurable product. With minimal technical skills, users can add new fields, make screen changes, or restrict values of attributes in Maximo. But once you start needing to go beyond those capabilities, that’s when people start asking questions about Automation Scripts/Java Customizations. And if it’s something you haven’t done before, it can be quite intimidating at first. Hopefully this blog series will help eliminate most of the intimidation and allow you to achieve your business objectives faster.Continue Reading