March 29, 2019
Jacquie Chischillie, Technical Sales Engineer, Projetech
Maximo 7.6 offers many tools to enhance the user’s experience. One such tool is Hover Dialogs.
Do you frequently rely on the Hover Dialogs in Maximo to view information about Assets, Locations, or other objects? Did you know you can add Hover Dialogs to other applications where they are useful to your team? By default, Hover Dialogs are included for Asset, Item, Person, and Work Order records.
Here are five easy steps to adding Hover Dialogs to more screens.
1. Go to the System Configuration / Platform Configuration / Application Designer
2. Select the application in which the field you wish to add the Hover Dialogs is located. In this case we are selecting Work Order Tracking
3. Next, select the tab for the screen that you want the HD to appear. In this case we are selecting the Work Order tab.
4. Now that you have selected the application and the screen, it is time to select the field for which you want to add the Hover Dialogs. Right Click on the field of choice and select properties. In this case, we want to add the Hover Dialogs to the Site field in our Work Orders.
5. Click on the Advanced tab. Add the ID for your Hover Dialogs
Now, when you open the Work Order Tracking application and look at the Work Order Tab, you will have a Hover Dialogs available for the Location field.
At Projetech, we work with your company to customize a solution that meets your business goals and unique business needs while still fitting into your budget.
Don't take our word for it. Hear from some of our best clients and their own experience moving to the Projetech Cloud.
Maximo Automation Scripting | Introduction into Automation Scripting
Maximo is a highly configurable product. With minimal technical skills, users can add new fields, make screen changes, or restrict values of attributes in Maximo. But once you start needing to go beyond those capabilities, that’s when people start asking questions about Automation Scripts/Java Customizations. And if it’s something you haven’t done before, it can be quite intimidating at first. Hopefully this blog series will help eliminate most of the intimidation and allow you to achieve your business objectives faster.Continue Reading
SaaS is NOT Hosting is NOT SaaS
As an IBM Maximo® as a Service (MaaS) provider, oftentimes, I hear or see the term “hosting” being used as a reference to the services Projetech provides. Although, the error may seem benign, it is an extreme misnomer and injustice to what it is we really do! Saying we deliver a hosting solution is comparable to saying the solar system is a galaxy! I realize it’s not an intentional offense, but a matter of lack of awareness of the difference.Continue Reading
Join the Network of Maximo Experts
Sign up below to receive all the best Maximo content from us and our solution providers.