Stop maintaining the thing that maintains your maintenance. Learn how Projetech can assist you with Maximo so you can focus on innovating, not upgrading | Request a Quote
March 29, 2019
Jacquie Chischillie, Technical Sales Engineer, Projetech
Maximo 7.6 offers many tools to enhance the user’s experience. One such tool is Hover Dialogs.
Do you frequently rely on the Hover Dialogs in Maximo to view information about Assets, Locations, or other objects? Did you know you can add Hover Dialogs to other applications where they are useful to your team? By default, Hover Dialogs are included for Asset, Item, Person, and Work Order records.
Here are five easy steps to adding Hover Dialogs to more screens.
1. Go to the System Configuration / Platform Configuration / Application Designer
2. Select the application in which the field you wish to add the Hover Dialogs is located. In this case we are selecting Work Order Tracking
3. Next, select the tab for the screen that you want the HD to appear. In this case we are selecting the Work Order tab.
4. Now that you have selected the application and the screen, it is time to select the field for which you want to add the Hover Dialogs. Right Click on the field of choice and select properties. In this case, we want to add the Hover Dialogs to the Site field in our Work Orders.
5. Click on the Advanced tab. Add the ID for your Hover Dialogs
Now, when you open the Work Order Tracking application and look at the Work Order Tab, you will have a Hover Dialogs available for the Location field.
At Projetech, we work with your company to customize a solution that meets your business goals and unique business needs while still fitting into your budget.
Don't take our word for it. Hear from some of our best clients and their own experience moving to the Projetech Cloud.
Top 5 Benefits of IBM Maximo as a Service
When Maximo users choose Maximo as a Service, they benefit from better management, security, upgrades, availability, and support while controlling data.Continue Reading
Scheduling Priority in Maximo
How much thought have you put into your Priority values on the records in your Maximo solution? Did you know you can Set Priority Preferences like how Maximo calculates priorities or response times? Maximo uses values up to 999 for Work Order and Asset/Location priorities and will use these values to calculate an overall priority for the Work Order. Making smart choices can ensure you achieve the most efficient and reliable schedule for your resources and equipment.Continue Reading
Join the Network of Maximo Experts
Sign up below to receive all the best Maximo content from us and our solution providers.