Stop maintaining the thing that maintains your maintenance. Learn how Projetech can assist you with Maximo so you can focus on innovating, not upgrading | Request a Quote
March 29, 2019
Jacquie Chischillie, Technical Sales Engineer, Projetech
Maximo 7.6 offers many tools to enhance the user’s experience. One such tool is Hover Dialogs.
Do you frequently rely on the Hover Dialogs in Maximo to view information about Assets, Locations, or other objects? Did you know you can add Hover Dialogs to other applications where they are useful to your team? By default, Hover Dialogs are included for Asset, Item, Person, and Work Order records.
Here are five easy steps to adding Hover Dialogs to more screens.
1. Go to the System Configuration / Platform Configuration / Application Designer
2. Select the application in which the field you wish to add the Hover Dialogs is located. In this case we are selecting Work Order Tracking
3. Next, select the tab for the screen that you want the HD to appear. In this case we are selecting the Work Order tab.
4. Now that you have selected the application and the screen, it is time to select the field for which you want to add the Hover Dialogs. Right Click on the field of choice and select properties. In this case, we want to add the Hover Dialogs to the Site field in our Work Orders.
5. Click on the Advanced tab. Add the ID for your Hover Dialogs
Now, when you open the Work Order Tracking application and look at the Work Order Tab, you will have a Hover Dialogs available for the Location field.
New Functionality in Maximo 126.96.36.199 - Asset Depreciation Schedules
Did you know you can now assign a Depreciation Schedule to an Asset in Maximo? This has been a highly requested feature and is now available in Maximo 188.8.131.52.In order to set up a Depreciation Schedule for an asset it must have a starting cost and salvage amount prescribed. To make the process easier, both values can be defined during the process of creating the depreciation schedule.Continue Reading
Why Companies Need to Renew IBM Software Subscription and Support
IBM requires that all Maximo clients maintain a Software and Support Subscription agreement, also called an S&S. This agreement is renewed annually. IBM Maximo users have a limited window in which to renew their software subscription. If they fail to renew, they miss out on many benefits and lose support for their software.Continue Reading
The MORE (Maximo Online Resources & Education) community is proudly hosted by Projetech, and supported by our industry-leading Maximo partners. Our goal is to bring together Maximo users of all levels in one single and easy to use platform.
MORE provides a space for users to find resources and discuss the complexities of Maximo software with peers and experts.